Between 9 and 16% of the school population suffers from some type of learning disorder. Learning Disorder is defined as an unexpected, specific, and persistent difficulty in acquiring learning despite conventional instruction, intelligence level, and adequate sociocultural opportunities.
Specific learning difficultieshave always existed. However, currently,autism school singapore are findings and investigations that have allowed us to identify and deeply analyze each of the cases. Generally these are associated with one of the most frequent first causes of poor performance and school failure, therefore, doing good prevention and detection will allow us to evaluate and know how we should intervene to avoid future emotional disorders.
Not all of us learn in the same way or at the same pace. One must adapt the way of educating, taking into account the needs, differences and difficulties of our children.
How do I know if my child has learning problems?
Parents should learn to know the signs that indicate their child’s possible learning problems.
- Difficulty attending to or following directions.
- Difficulty remembering what was just said.
- Academic failures as a result of poor mastery of skills such as reading, writing and/or arithmetic.
Causes of learning problems:
- Genetic factors: such as recessive chromosomes, in specific reading disabilities.
- Pre-peri and postnatal factors: Complications during pregnancy.
- Older mothers and fathers are more likely to have a dyslexic child.
- Neurological dysfunctions have been considered as significant causes of learning disabilities.
Math : In the area of mathematics, many children have difficulties, although if the child has a problem in the area of mathematics, it does not mean that he also has problems in other areas.