Social networking sites are trending all across the globe. The majority of the population is using at least one of these popular sites. Instagram is among the most used social networking sites worldwide. Unlike other sites, Instagram is a visual platform for uploading photos and videos. People can share them with their followers or with a select group of friends. They can also view, comment, and like photos and videos shared by their friends.
Hacking is becoming more and more common. It is very unfortunate and annoying when you become a victim of an online Instagram hacker. It is more frustrating when there are private photos on your account you do not want to share to strangers. Not only will the hacker have access to your photos, he or she will also be able to access your contacts. This can be a notable loss when you use Instagram for professional reasons. This is most true for people marketing their own brand or business. The good news is that it is now easier to retrieve your hacked Instagram account.
- First, open the Instagram app. If someone else was able to log into your account, it will log you out of your account. You will then see the login page.
- Click on the NEED MORE HELP button.
- Next, input the email address or phone number you used when you created your account. Make sure you type it with the correct spelling before submitting it.
- Check your registered email or your phone messages. Look for the message sent by Instagram and take note of the 6-digit code in the message.
- Go back to the Instagram app and enter the 6-digit code in the appropriate box. This will let you recover your account.
Instagram has a system to prevent hackers from using the code sent to you from another device. There is also a preventive measure if there are any changes in the account. Instagram will put a lockdown on the username for a definitive period even if you are the one who made the changes.
It is best to change your password after retrieving your hacked Instagram account. Make sure to choose a strong secure password. One that is long and confusing enough for strangers but easy for you to remember is ideal. Include numbers and symbols with lower- and upper-case letters for more security. Never use obvious information such as your birth date or your name. You should not even use birth dates or names of relatives and friends.